Apply to Kent
Thank you for your interest in Kent School. We look forward to getting to know you and your family during the application process, and the best way to get to know Kent is to see us in person. We look forward to welcoming you to campus and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Please note that we are requiring masks for all campus visitors until further notice, and only those who have been fully vaccinated for at least 2 weeks prior to their visit will be allowed to enter campus buildings or have an on-campus interview. For more detail or to schedule an appointment, please contact the Admissions office.
- Complete the inquiry form, so that we can begin to communicate with you about all the exciting things happening at Kent.
- Call or email (, email@example.com) to schedule a visit and/or interview. Please plan to complete your interview by the January 15 priority deadline.
- Begin your application online using the Standard Application Online or through Gateway to Prep Schools. Families applying for financial aid should complete that process at the same time their child is applying for admission. A complete application for admission includes:
- Inquiry form
- Biographic information
- Student essays
- Counselor or Principal
- Transcripts: Current & Prior Year
- Standardized test scores (SSAT, our school code is 4336) are optional only for students applying to enter the 9th and 10th grades (Third and Fourth Forms). For those applying to 11th or 12th grade (5th and 6th Forms) or as Post-Graduates, we require SAT, PSAT or ACT testing. We will also continue to require TOEFL testing (we are not currently accepting Duolingo scores but we will accept the TOEFL iBT Special Home Editiom) for all students for whom English is not their first language. Our school code for the TOEFL test is 8039 and Kent does utilize TOEFL superscoring.
- Application fee ($85 for domestic U.S. Citizens and $200 for all other applicants)
Click here for Instructions for applicants from Mainland China.
- Supplemental materials are optional. Please submit materials electronically to our Admissions Office.
- Submit your completed application by January 15th.
- Notification Dates
- March 10: Decisions are communicated to applicants who have met the priority application deadline.
- April 10: Signed enrollment agreements and deposits due for newly enrolled students.